5 Things To Know When Picking a Photographer
I’m not sure if you’ve noticed but there are 10,000 photographers out there to choose from. I know we are all different in our aesthetics and relationship–and there is definitely enough people. But I also know this:
The prospect of endless possibilities isn’t freeing, it’s paralyzing.Lisa Cron, Story Genius
I think it is for me, too. In a warped kind of way, it’s paralyzing some days to know that there are endless possible photographers out there…the competition is fierce. And people are always looking for a deal. And I get it! So when you look for your photographer know that I want you to find the best one for YOU and I want you to love them so much you can’t imagine anyone else taking your photos.
So how do you do that?
How do you know what the right choice is when you have a gazillion?Lisa Cron, Story Genius
Here are 5 things to think about when picking a photographer:
- A photographer has to fit like a shoe. You can’t just like the photos that are produced, even though that’s an important part of picking a photographer. You have to like the photographer as a person. A certain chemistry will make your final product even more amazing.
- Make Memories NOT just photos. A photo session is about the experience, not just getting the shot. Make sure your photographer will make you photoshoot fun for you, your husband and your kids.
- Don’t always go for the cheapest. The least expensive photographer isn’t always the best choice. Give yourself an approximate budget to stay within. Use price as a guideline and not the deciding factor.
- A Photographer should match your style. When considering your final product, ask yourself if their work is something you can see hanging on your wall. Your photos are the most important artwork you will invest in.
- Stay Loyal. One of the things that has happened with my long-term clients is that we become friends and every session their photos are more personable and reflect even more of their personality. Consider your photographer a friend and with every session you will love your photos even more.
I know it can be tedious and overwhelming to find the right photographer. But when you do, you will be glad that you invested in that relationship and in the photos that will leave a legacy for generations to come!
Can’t wait to work with you!
Leave a Reply